Thursday, August 05, 2010

Thin Skinned Liberals and Blogging Updated

Ladies and Gents, It would appear to be pretty obvious to me that if you are going to post something IN PUBLIC on the WORLD WIDE WEB for ALL TO SEE, you might just garner some criticism or perhaps outright mockery, depending on how half baked your brain is. There is a biligual ESL education faculty member at UH by the name of Michelle Huff who is quite literally a couple dozen bricks shy of a full load. She operates a wordpress blog by the name of Calle Viena, where she obsesses about the most insane crap. I had to ban her crazy ass from this place (she posted under the moniker of "michellines", then she tried to post anonymously but her personal brand of crazy always showed through no matter what name she used.) because I just decided I was tired of wrestling with that pig, euphemistically speaking, (you get dirty and the pig likes it.). She is apparently obsessed with all things conservative, Jared Woodfill, Myself, Kevin Whited, Cory Crow, Rush Limbaugh, Michelle Malkin, you name it, she obsesses about it. She apparently thinks we all get personalized talking points memos from Satan himself signed in our own blood or some such because she acts as if it is all one big conspiracy to attack liberals and her specifically. As if we are all on first name basis and get together at lunch every day to plan our personal attacks on her. Frankly in my professional opinion, she needs to be strapped to a gurney with a continuous Thorazine IV drip and on the surgical schedule for a pre-frontal lobotomy if you ask me. But then again I'm a mechanical designer so what in hell do I know right? She is quite literally clinically paranoid in my opinion. Kevin has taken to mocking her with his personal MyDiigo account, tagging her posts with the "nacho" tag, for his own amusement (don't ask me what he means by "nacho". He says he'll tell me over beers one day). Now this account is technically public but he really doesn't publicize it, it is a mechanism he uses to drive certain RSS feeds he uses. It is the raw data stream for his multiple data feeds. It has to be public for the feeds to be able to log into the account as I understand the way it works. I'm not quite so sophisticated, I read all of the blogs I'm interested in personally. But to each his own.
ANYHOO, Ms. Huff takes special offense at Kevin linking to her blog. I mean she is batshit crazy pissed about it. To the point of posting upteen jillion comments to the MyDiigo link begging him to stop linking to her, which of course just eggs Kevin on. He finds watching her squirm quite amusing. I gotta admit, I rather enjoy watching it myself, not unlike the way you slow down and look when you pass a really bad accident on the freeway.

Look, posting stuff on the internet for the whole world to see means that some of those people who read your stuff will either take offense to it or mock it brutally. That is the price you pay for posting your stuff for all the world to see. You have to grow a thick skin to deal with it. You either ignore them or you offend/mock them back. Life goes on. Get Over It!

Waiting for Huff's brain case to explode in 5...4....3....

Update:
Well, that didn't take long... Now she is posting veiled threats of violence.
Ms. Huff (if that is truly your real name), please consider yourself put on notice. What you posted is skirting very close to the legal definition of verbal assault and terroristic threats, or at a minimum encouraging others to carry out acts of violence against myself and/or Kevin. If you come near me or mine, I am prepared to defend myself and my family, up to and including deadly force if legally authorized. Playtime is now officially OVER. Unlike most Libtards, I do legally own weapons and am versed in their use. So are all of the members of my family, including my youngest daughter. It was funny when you took politics personally, but I take threats of violence personally too. Consider yourself warned.

10 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Whited said...

** Kevin has taken to mocking her with his personal MyDiigo account, tagging her posts with the "nacho" tag, for his own amusement **

Just to clarify -- I mock all sorts of things for my own amusement, and don't single out anyone or anything in particular (although I do have a soft spot for the occasional ANGRY LibDem outburst; nachos are yummy!). Those who know me know this, but maybe that's helpful for those who don't know me.

A local journalist who probably prefers to remain anonymous asked me a while back, "do you just try to piss everyone off?" And the answer is no, but I do enjoy mocking and calling BS on... BS, whether it comes from professional media, pols (Dem or GOP), whatever. If that pisses folks off... they may need to take themselves less seriously and learn how to laugh more. Gawd knows, I laugh at myself plenty. Laughing is good. Besides, nobody HAS to read my Diigo. :D

August 05, 2010 11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did a search on the UH website and can't find anyone by that name. Are you sure you guys aren't just having your chain yanked?

You seem to have made a lot of assumptions. Are you sure they are correct?

And Kevin, does that journalist's name start with an "m" too?

Very interesting . . . .

August 06, 2010 10:12 PM  
Blogger Rorschach said...

No, Huff is apparently her married name. she wasn't using it when she started with her rants. Not sure when she changed it but I had looked her up previously some time back and she was adjunct faculty at Uh downtown, teaching english to illegals. She may have moved elsewhere by now, I really haven't attempted to keep up with her.

August 07, 2010 8:52 AM  
Blogger Kevin Whited said...

Anon: Nope, not an M. Does YOUR name start with an M? ;)

August 08, 2010 8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, I thought it might be Matt, Kevin. He's your friend, right?

Rorschacha, it looks like that wasn't her married name after all. I found an old boyfriend with a similar sounding name. She must have used that for the diigo thing.

I will search further.

August 08, 2010 10:20 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

If she comes after me I sick the wife on her. Until then let her keep linking to the wrong blog.

August 09, 2010 8:46 AM  
Blogger Rorschach said...

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... or threatens to gouge it out, as the case may be.

August 09, 2010 8:56 AM  
Blogger Ed T. said...

I seem to remember Ms. Michelle - IIRC, she used to blog-stalk Kathleen McKinley over at her old RWS blog, and may have done the same to some of the early conservative/religious bloggers. And, yes, "bat-shit crazy" was the impression I got when she went on one of her rants (which was like every day.) She also liked to change online names, but again the crazy just came out.

~EdT.

August 09, 2010 7:38 PM  
Blogger Kevin Whited said...

Anon: Are you talking about Matt Stiles? Friend may be a bit of a stretch, because I don't see him socially (we had a few beers many years ago when he was on the Chron City Hall beat and talked about local politics/journalism/blogging). Of course, Facebook says we're friends, and who can argue with an authority like Facebook!? :D I respect his work, and he's always treated me kindly.

In all honesty, there are many journos and former journos in town who have treated me kindly. I like to hear about the craft, and the good ones don't seem to mind chatting about it, so that's cool. The childish link-ban attitude really seems confined to one or two, I'd say.

August 09, 2010 9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been looking frantically, but I can't find anything so far . . will continue.

You guys should lock and load. What with the death threats and all. Do you know what a Libtard can do?

It's scary, I tell you that.

This internet thing is serious.

I've got mine.

Stay safe guys.

August 09, 2010 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home