Monday, November 15, 2010

Creeping danger for CHL holders. You may lose your second amendment rights

Last month, after spending almost 24 straight hours gripping the sides of the toilet to prevent liftoff while bending over a trash can full of puke, I decided that I had better visit the ER before I passed out from dehydration. After waiting what seemed like 6 hours but I'm sure was less than an hour I was called up to the triage desk for the standard vital sign checks and an interview about my symptoms, but there was a new question that I was asked I had never been asked before and it had absolutely nothing to do with my diarrhea or nausea. They asked if I felt afraid or persecuted. Now why on earth would they ask that question? Three little words: Concealed Handgun License.

I don't know how they knew I had a CHL since that information is not supposed to be released to anyone and I certainly didn't tell them, but apparently they DID know because they were intentionally looking for a reason to diagnose me as paranoid. What is funny is that I was not carrying at the time, and my CHL is not visible in my wallet unless I pull it out. So they should not have had any reason to suspect. Heck, my wife dropped me off and went back home to sleep so she could take care of the kids, so they didn't even get to see the TSRA sticker on the back window.

So if you have a CHL, or even think you might want to own a gun at some future date, consider very carefully when a doctor asks you about your mental state or how you feel emotionally. it may well be a trap.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Rorschach!

Great to see your comment over at SciGuy! I thought you had given up on us!

Also, I am not receiving notices of your RedInk posts at my email!

Would you please add me again to your email notification list? :^D

I like your posts, just need a reminder to keep up, I even use an email reminder for the Chron Online! :^D

Thanks!

ttyler52@verizon.net

November 18, 2010 6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not just the doctors you have to be wary of; you also have to be cognizant of the questions asked when doing the annual health insurance renewal.Obamacare is only going to make things worse.

Up here in the great state of "Spirit of America" your CHL is at your town's Chief of Police. If he/she deems you suitable, you get a license (which may/may not allow you to carry)

The Census, these irrelevant doctor questions...all overexcessive and bad.

November 21, 2010 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home