Monday, August 18, 2008

Pissing in the wind...

Hell, I'd be happy if I could just piss in the toilet.... I have an appointment with one of these tomorrow.... See you on the other side.....

UPDATE: Well, the Lithotrypsy went off as planned yesterday at 2:00. Luckily they could access it with me laying supine(on my back) so they didn't have to intubate me. But things weren't so fun afterward. I blew through 150 mg of Fentanyl in the time I was in phase one recovery, and it still didn't stop the pain fully. Once I had been moved out to phase 2 recovery, I blew through an injection of morphine and Phenergan as well as popping a Narcan (10 mg of hydrocodone and 325 of tylenol) only to still have the pain eventually build to a 9+ on the 1-10 pain scale. To top it off I needed to be able to urinate adequately before they would release me. After an initial successful attempt I was stuck. It would appear my ureter did not take kindly to being blasted with ultrasound and it swelled closed on me. (this is a common problem with me and kidney stones.) An injection of Toradol finally did the trick on the pain and swelling (it is a very strong NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) in the same family of drugs as Advil, Asprin, and Aleve) and I was able to finally get rid of the pain and enough urine to get me out of the joint around 8:30 last night. But of course along about 1:30 this morning the Narcan and Toradol wore off, necessitating another round of Narcan and Phenergan. I think it is safe to say I'm not going to make it in to work today....

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sending you GOOD thoughts!

August 19, 2008 8:29 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

Hope everything turned out OK.

(no pun intended)

August 20, 2008 11:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yowee! Ouchie!!!

Hope you're cured now. How awful. That kind of pain is probably equivalent to 30-years of cramps experienced all at one time.

I'm happy to be post-menopausal! I don't miss puberty, and I sure don't miss menopause. That was pretty crappy, too.

I still experience bouts of craziness, tho. I don't think anything can fix that. LOL

August 20, 2008 11:59 AM  
Blogger TxGoodie said...

Ouweeee! Yowee! Thank goodness for DRUGS!

I hope you are feeling better now.

The only thing worse than pain when you wee is not weeing at all!

August 20, 2008 8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That explains your absence.... I was once lectured by an older maintenance guy at Mother Francis Hospital in Texas, about 20 years ago, about how good a feeling can be and how bad it is when you don't have one.
.
I listened closely and paid attention. He said that at his age (I assume in late 60s or early 70s) he explain the feelings about a bowel movement after 2 weeks. At that point I decided I was not going to touch that one!
.
I also had a stone stuck in the tube on one side, just before the bladder and it made it's way down like a sharp diamond tumbling in a space that was about 1/2 it's actual size.....

August 21, 2008 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home