Tuesday, April 08, 2008

"If you love our nation, stop illegal immigration." UPDATE


So wrote 13 year old Melanie Bowers in Athens Texas on the protest sign project for history class. Apparently some hispanic students did not take kindly to the sentiment, and proceeded to bash her face into a brick wall, and then they threatened to rape and kill her. She finally managed to escape and went to the principal's office for help, only to be sent back to class.

Feel free to give the principal a call or an email and let him know you care.

UPDATE:
It would appear that Ms. Bowers cried wolf, which is unfortunate. It damaged her cause in making such a false accusation instead of promoting it.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I won't be happy until the kids that did this are out of school," Bowers said.


Wow! Ya think? I think a few administrators need an ass whooping. Jeeze.

April 08, 2008 1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I doubt that they threatened to rape and kill her. Talking about over dramatization, few cuts and a few bruises. Give me a break...

April 08, 2008 3:25 PM  
Blogger Rorschach said...

That is an almost direct quote from the linked story. Read it for yourself.

April 08, 2008 3:29 PM  
Blogger The Dude said...

The principal's email address isn't listed on the website, so I went ahead and wrote to jharraid@athensisd.net instead. I wonder if he'll respond...

April 09, 2008 11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hoax.... I called the school to verify.... the facts are coming out and she will be charged with making a false police report....

April 10, 2008 12:34 AM  
Blogger Rorschach said...

That is why I posted an update.

April 10, 2008 6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder what would motivate her to do something like that? Trying to get attention? I'm not sure I agree with this statment made by the school's superintendent:

Hayes said the class project was not appropriate for middle school students. He said the immigration issue has become so politicized and polarizing that "it's much more than illegal now. It just becomes sinister and evil."

April 10, 2008 9:00 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

I debated posting this story too. However when she claimed they threatened to rape her, something went off and said wait a day or two. My experience has taught me when someone claims to have been jumped by "a pack of people" and they threaten the most vile things, it's usually an exaggeration or an outright lie. That's when you have to get specific with the questions.

April 10, 2008 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home