Monday, September 25, 2006

Confusion reigns at City Hall

I live in precinct 500, in fact tomorrow night I will be sworn in as precinct chair. Two years ago, the MUD district I live in was "annexed for specific purpose". Which means that all the businesses around here charge City of Houston sales tax, but we residents recieve no city services, unless you consider a fireworks ban a city
"service". Back in July, I was wandering around on the City of Houston website and I discovered something interesting. According to the maps that are on the CoH city council website, I AM in the city, but yet 311, Beverly Kaufman's office, and Paul Bettancourt's office show me to be in the county. I apparently have a city councilman that I cannot vote for (or against) and a mayor that I cannot vote against (no WAY I'd vote for him!). I've called my newly discovered councilman to inquire as to whether I really AM in the city or not. I assured him that for two years now, I have been disenfranchised if it turns out that I am actually in the city.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Texas Annexation Laws!

Attila the Hun never had it so easy!

Talk about crimes against the taxpayers ...

September 25, 2006 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home