Monday, July 18, 2005

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory reviewed

I took the kiddoes to go see this movie this weekend. I did so under slight protest, the trailers really creeped me out, but the kids insisted, and having fond memories of the original Gene Wilder version, I agreed. Alas, my suspicions were confirmed. This movie is just flippin CREEPY. Michael Jackson could have played the part of Willy Wonka and Joe Jackson the part of his dad, and I don't think anybody would have noticed much of a difference. Tim Burton is one sick b@stard. His next movie? Its going to be about a guy who inadvertently marries a CORPSE! This guy has no business making kids movies in my opinion. He seems facinated with Gothic images and Death. My kid is 4 years old for chrissake, she still thinks that sleeping and being dead are kinda the same thing. Death is REALLY not a good subject for kids as far as I'm concerned. My advice, AVOID this movie if you have impressionable kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home